Systems Implementation Manager
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
Baltimore Corps’ mission is to scale social impact by building extraordinary teams for Baltimore’s most effective change makers. Baltimore Corps Fellows and Associates tackle the most pressing challenges, and act on the biggest opportunities, confronting Baltimore’s visionary cause leaders: the social entrepreneurs, nonprofit executives and public sector innovators building a stronger Baltimore. Baltimore Corps is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work and humility. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic and vision for the future.
Baltimore Corps is seeking a Systems Implementation Manager to expand its current efforts to scale impact here in Baltimore City through the use of data-driven systems. In partnership with the operations team and reporting to the Director of Operations, the Systems Implementation Manager will lead all of the systems Baltimore Corps uses to amplify key areas of the organization – recruitment, program and placement. The Systems Implementation Manager is strong with technology, is eager to grow and is passionate about utilizing data and systems to amplify social impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn how to use Salesforce.com, Form Assembly (a survey / evaluation platform) and other systems as needed like a pro. On-the-job training opportunities will be provided but candidates must have some prior data management experience (be it in spreadsheets or a database). As an internal expert, you champion the adoption and use of our systems among our team and will help Baltimore Corps stay on the cutting edge of the nonprofit tech world.
Using those skills, this staff member will:
- Assist in the design and development of creative new data tracking tools based on programmatic and operational needs of the organization
- Research new technology vendors
- Project manage all development projects, including working with technology vendors and consultants
- Lead trainings for staff (examples: getting new users started using Salesforce, Excel tips & tricks)
- Create how-to documentation for system procedures
- Some administrative support duties and tasks as needed and requested
- Administer office hours and ongoing support to staff
- Build out basic Salesforce workflows, custom needs and projects based on priority
- Build out custom reports and dashboards for staff and engage in basic upkeep of the system
- Build out forms and campaigns using Form Assembly and Salesforce.com
- Oversee data integrity and manage existing data in Salesforce by cleaning, condensing, and updating records to improve reporting ability/quality. Includes running weekly maintenance reports and periodic purges of inactive contacts and campaigns.
- Oversee large data entry projects. Review data for consistency/quality.
- Resolve systems issues as needed by liaising and troubleshooting with vendor support
- Manage Chatter and increase user engagement (develop new groups as needed, oversee data quality such as hashtags and cross-posts, tap staff members across departments to post and collaborate)
- Train all new staff (and consultants if required) on systems usage (i.e. Salesforce onboarding, Salesforce refreshers as needed, Form Assembly, email marketing platforms), with a goal of increasing user adoption and staff comfort levels with data and processes
- Create and continuously update how-to documentation for system procedures
- Develop and maintain basic curriculum for Salesforce training (based on roles)
SPECIAL PROJECTS (5%)
- Engage in special projects as they come up – Fellow reviews, event management, etc
Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability and desire to work with databases
- Excel (you should know how to format a good spreadsheet and use formulas)
- Experience working with cross‐functional teams
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as part of an entrepreneurial team
- Alignment with the mission and core beliefs of Baltimore Corps
- Previous experience with Salesforce, other CRMs and/or survey management platforms is strongly preferred
Timeline and Compensation
The Systems Implementation Manager is a salaried position (with health and dental benefits). Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience. Baltimore Corps anticipates filling the role no later than December 1st, 2016.