We are no longer accepting applications for this position. Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
Baltimore Corps’ mission is to scale social impact by building extraordinary teams for Baltimore’s most effective change makers. Baltimore Corps Fellows and Associates tackle the most pressing challenges, and act on the biggest opportunities, confronting Baltimore’s visionary cause leaders: the social entrepreneurs, nonprofit executives and public sector innovators building a stronger Baltimore. Baltimore Corps is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that values initiative, hard work and humility. We are building a team that shares the company’s values, work ethic and vision for the future.
Do you love meeting and talking with people? Are you excited about creating opportunities and problem-solving around challenges to match talented professionals with high-impact roles in non-profit, public sector, and social entrepreneurship organizations? If so, Baltimore Corps is looking for you: someone passionate about working with visionary leaders in Baltimore. The Partnerships Associate will collaborate with leading individuals and organizations to understand their human capital challenges and build their capacity to address our city’s most pressing challenges by providing talent solutions.
The Partnerships Associate will identify and thoughtfully advocate for Baltimore’s leaders, organizations, and agencies that could expand their impact by leveraging talent. The Partnerships Associate will consult with employers to meet their talent needs through our recruitment and matching process. They will provide ongoing support and communication with employers from consultation to talent matching, always with the highest quality customer service.
DEVELOP AND STRENGTHEN PARTNERSHIPS (60%)
- Meet new individuals and organizations by identifying leading Baltimore employers, attending events, conducting written and verbal outreach, and applying other creative approaches to making connections
- Connect with current and prospective employers to understand their needs and identify how Baltimore Corps could partner with them to provide support
- Follow-up from meetings by email and phone in a prompt manner, ensuring that constituents have what they need for a successful relationship with Baltimore Corps
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with employers through timely follow-up to employers’ email, phone, and in-person outreach as well as planning proactive outreach and engagement
- Recruit a strong pool of positions for each Fellowship cohort in alignment with Baltimore Corps’ vision
- Discover opportunities for collaboration and programmatic partnership with leaders making an impact on Baltimore
LIAISE WITH TEAM (25%)
- Communicate employers’ needs to Recruitment Managers to inform candidate recruitment and ensure coordinated matching process
- Collaborate closely with team throughout recruitment and program cycle – including recruitment, selection, matching, placement, and alumni support
- Provide support to legal/contracts for employer/Fellow placements
- Provide support to Operations for building systems related to employer application and matching
- Take learnings from external engagement back to the Baltimore Corps team to learn and adapt processes and procedures
- Collaborate with the Partnerships team and working groups to understand and develop high-level strategy and goals for employer recruitment, keeping an equity lens at forefront
RESEARCH AND LEARNING (10%)
- Learn about organizations, needs of Baltimore, existing systems and structures, and new innovative ideas to enable Baltimore Corps to maximize impact
SPECIAL PROJECTS (5%)
- Support other team members as needed (Fellow and employer events, etc.)
- Other duties as required or requested by the Strategic Partnerships Manager or Executive Director
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Superior interpersonal skills and a relationship-building orientation
- Self-starter and strong work ethic; eager to learn and engage with complex systems and processes
- High level of detail orientation and follow through
- Alignment with the mission and core beliefs of Baltimore Corps
- Salesforce experience and/or familiarity with Google systems are a plus
- Knowledge of Baltimore landscape is a plus
Timeline and Compensation
The Partnerships Associate is a salaried position (with health and dental benefits). Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualification and experience. Apply using our online application by November 4, 2016, at 5:00 pm. Baltimore Corps anticipates filling the role no later than December 1st, 2016.