Family Advocacy Case Manager
Responsibilities for the Family Advocacy Case Manager include counseling and assisting families facing lead, asthma, and other environmental health hazards to help those families achieve safe and stable housing. The Family Advocacy Case Manager will work to ensure that tenants’ rights are protected while lead hazards and other defects are corrected in their home. This position includes frequent home visits with families in Baltimore City and throughout the Baltimore Metro region, as well as occasional visits elsewhere in the State.
- Conduct in-home environmental assessments, working with families to identify and reduce/remove known or potential triggers from their environment.
- Evaluate asthma self-management skills using a standard questionnaire
- Teach key educational messages in person and over the phone. Clearly document all activities in the client's record
- Record and monitor the participants' progress toward goals within specific timeframes
- Clearly documents all participant responses on approved protocol forms
- Documents all activities and observation in the client's record.
- Enter results of questionnaires into established HIPPA compliant databases
- At least three (3) years of case management experience working with tenants, low-income families and/or families with children suffering from environmental health issues (e.g., lead poisoning, asthma, etc.)
- Experience working with community organizations or tenants living in communities at high risk for childhood lead poisoning, asthma, and other environmental health issues
- Proven case management, project reporting and client database tracking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate staff to perform
- Positive attitude and desire to make a difference every day
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, environmental health, public health, nursing, or a related field
- Bilingual proficiency (English/Spanish) in speaking, reading and writing highly preferable