Fagan Harris, President and CEO
Fagan Harris is the President and CEO of Baltimore Corps, an organization that enlists talented people in public service and social entrepreneurship in Baltimore City. Harris co-founded the organization with Wes Moore in 2013, and continues to set the organization’s strategic direction and lead its dedicated community of staff, fellows, associates, awardees, visionary cause leaders, and partners.
For his work in social entrepreneurship, Harris was recognized as one of Community Law in Action’s Inspiring Voices (2017), in the Chronicle of Philanthropy’s ‘40 Under 40’ (2016), and in Forbes Magazine’s ‘30 Under 30’ (2015). Harris also has received numerous awards, including fellowships from Echoing Green and The Aspen Institute.
Harris has been featured in the Baltimore Business Journal, on the Roughly Speaking and by The Case Foundation, and has been published in The Baltimore Sun, The Rhodes Trust blog, and The Aspen Journal of Ideas, among others. He also has been a featured speaker at such conferences as MCON, the Social Enterprise Symposium, and Volunteering Untapped.
Harris started his career at College Track, which empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. At the Emerson Collective, Harris led the Dream is Now, Inside Out 11m, and staffed the White House Council for Community Solutions.
Harris is a graduate of public schools, Stanford University, and the University of Oxford, where he was a Rhodes Scholar.
More About Fagan and Baltimore Corps:
- Millennial Voices: Fagan Harris (SparkVision, 4/25/2017)
- Baltimore's Cory Booker in the Making (OZY, 6/5/2016)
- Baltimore's Problems are Attracting Change-Maker Millennials (Baltimore Business Journal, 3/28/16)
- Could Baltimore become 'best place in the world to change the world?' (The Baltimore Sun, 12/27/15)
- Bringing Vibrant Skill Back in Baltimore (The Aspen Idea, Winter 2015/2016, p. 48)
- How Millennials are Driving the Future of Social Entrepreneurship (The Case Foundation, 2015)
- Be Fearless Spotlight: Baltimore Corps (The Case Foundation, 9/30/15)
More From Fagan:
- Want to change the world? Consider Baltimore... (The Rhodes Trust Blog, 4/28/2017)
- Why Baltimore may be an unlikely leader in social innovation: Baltimore Corps is building a network of changemakers in Charm City (The Renewal Project, 3/28/17)
- Bringing Baltimore Together (Baltimore Sun, 5/26/16)
- Perceiving race, Baltimore's social entrepreneurs (Roughly Speaking podcast, 1/18/16)
- Retaining Talent While Leading Social Change (Baltimore Story, 11/19/15)
- Nurturing Baltimore's Best (Baltimore Sun, 9/16/15)
- Empowering the Leaders Baltimore Needs (The Aspen Journal of Ideas, 6/15)