Classroom Teacher (2 available)
The Loyola Early Learning Center (LELC) is a parish preschool daycare center and early childhood education program, rooted in a Catholic Jesuit tradition of personal care, learning, and spiritual growth. This high-quality preschool learning center located in Baltimore City serves early childhood boys and girls from all income levels all year round. LELC focuses on the holistic development of children: physical, emotional, cognitive, creative, social, behavioral, and spiritual. The full-day learning program, with an added emphasis on parent education and involvement, provides children with the foundation for academic and life success.
Classroom teachers are responsible for the supervision and management of a classroom of students not to exceed the state’s minimum standards ratio. There will be an aide in the classroom. The teacher will be responsible for overseeing any volunteers who work within their room.
- Design and implement a developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum that meets the needs of all the students in teacher's classroom.
- Plan and implement classroom procedures that follow the philosophy and mission of Loyola Early Learning Center.
- Create a positive, open and caring classroom environment.
- Continue to interact with students in a nurturing manner while fostering independence.
- Provide opportunities for the students to develop social and emotional skills as well as cognitive skills.
- Provide time in each day’s schedule for prayer and reflection and spiritual formation.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the classroom.
- Keep parents abreast of the curriculum and activities within the classroom.
- Schedule conferences at least once each quarter with all parents to discuss their child’s progress and goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Director and other faculty and staff members.
- Attend all staff meetings and all training sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and CDA (or be in the process of receiving such training)
- Must meet the state’s requirements for a daycare staff member
- First aid / CPR certified
- Must complete required CJIS -FBI background check
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to supervise and motivate students.
- A kind demeanor and strong human relation skills with both children and adults are essential.
- Previous experience working with children from low-income families preferred.
Salary Range: $42,000-45,000